You've got to be kidding me!

so I do NOT want my MIL in the delivery room.. for several reasons.. 1. she is wanting to get FULL VIEW of the whole thing 2. she talks to everyone like they are infants and I doubt i will be able to mask my annoyance with it when i am in labor 3. she is one of those patty rubbing types (you know pat pat *arm..legs..shoulder..whatever*) and i dont want to snap on her and ruin the whole thing.. BUT i decided that since it meant sooo much to her i would as long as she agreed NOT to even try to go past the shoulder (and agree to not constantly be trying to pat me or rub on me) then ok. well i hadn't gotten the chance to tell her since we had just decided last night.. so when we get to her house today (for my hubby's bday) and she said something about wanting to be in there to her friends (i have met the women once before) i told her that my husband and I decided that she could be in the delivery room and she gets excited blah blah.. i felt pretty good about it because i knew it meant soo much to her. then she makes the comment about how many could be in the room because her niece had so many in there... but she didnt have any hang ups so no one had to worry about upsetting her when they were in the room.. and the way she said it had a annoyed tone to it! SERIOUSLY?? you have GOT to be kidding me.. if you have any problems with my "hang ups" then dont bother coming in the room at all. and on top of her rude comment she says it in from of her mother and her two friends.. ?? Now i just want to tell her that she is not welcome in the room and i suggest she keeps her rude comments to herself from now on

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• If you don't want her in there, don't have her in there, regardless of how much she wants to be. You need to be comfortable and not be stressed that she might do something that will annoy you even if she may not. With all three of mine, I let everyone know that they were not welcomed in the room, just me and dh. You can also tell the nurses to not let her in and let them be the bad guys.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Tell her your doctor said "no"

Answer by admckenzie at 6:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• IF you don't want her in there then she shouldn't be in there. And if you decide to have her there and she gets on your nerves you can kick her out. The nurses are usually pretty good about kicking people out for you.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't have said yes in the first place because of your personal problems with her...you really stepped in it now...lol...I would start working on a rebuttal as soon as you can! GL

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Just think of this way, when your in labor you can yell and scream all you want. And then act like you don't remember.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• agreed with our first it was just me and the babys dad with my second we let my mom in.... and if we have any more it will be me and hubby... thats IT
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 6:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If she wants to be in the delivery room so badly, I would ask her if she will let you squeeze her hand everytime to help you when you're experiencing a contraction. You will be redirecting the pain you normally experience during the intese labor of it all. I'm just kidding though. Let's face it a woman in labor is no person to mess with since labor is uncomfortable to begin with even with local anesthesia given.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It sounds to me that you just need to have a talk YOU and HER about what YOU want your LABOR and DELIVERY to be like. You and your hubby make a birthing plan and you and him stick to it. When I had my DD my plan was for my hubby and I to be in the room once i started to pushing. No one was there when we made the baby so why the hell do i want the whole world there when i am pushing and thought that i would be the biggest bitch in the world.
    Momma you and your hubby talk about these things and if you really don't want anyone but you and him then tell them ALL that and when you get to the birthing center make sure you or your hubby make it clear to the nurses that this is the way you want it. GL momma it will all workout. She (your MIL) will get over the fact that she couldn't be there. On the other hand you may not give two poops who the hell is in the room.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would tell her there is a limit, and you want your husband and thats it, or your husband and mom and that's it. I didn't let my MIL in because of how pushy she is. I'll pray for you, cause I've been there, and it's not fun.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 7:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't know personally to me it is such a private moment for me and my dh... I guess I am selfish and would say no way lol... sorry I am not much help but IDK what I would do..I think I would tell her no...
    Debalexxa

Answer by Debalexxa at 11:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010