What could be the problem?

At my second to last appointment I mentioned getting another ultrasound just to make sure things are fine. And my midwife said there wasn't any need for it unless there was a problem.
Yesterday at my appointment she said that the baby is measuring bigger then its suppose to and she wanted an ultrasound for 37 weeks just to see exactly how big she is.. right now i'm 31 ish weeks and the whole time i've been pregnant she's told me that my uterus is always higher then its suppose to be and the baby is big..
All my husband and I can think about is what if there are two in there instead of one, or what if she has some problem or if she's going to be really really big...
So I was wondering if anyone else had suggestions about why she would want a ultrasound to see the size... when usually they say the bigger they get the harder it is for the ultrasound to be accurate..

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 5:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• hey you....same happend to me with my first pregnancy,
    they gave me an ultrasound around, the 37th week and your so right, i think it does add more confusion when the baby gets bigger in there,
    when i seen our baby in the 37th week they printed off pictures and her face looked sooooo big, and chubby like she couldnt even move her face all jammed in there ...well they said,,
    oh she is around 9-10 lbs, doc was worried about the whole thing, i went into labor just a couple of days later,
    and guess what, they said i couldnt have the baby the natural way since it was my first and a 10lber they didnt want to risk hurting me or the child, they rushed me for an emergancy c-section and i gave birth to a HEALTHY. 7 LB BABY GIRL
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• big babies aren't rally that big a deal as far as delivery. I doubt there are 2 in there, you would have been able to detect a second heatbeat by now. she's jsut making sure things are going right.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• they always tell you that the baby is bigger and blah.. dont worry too much about it.

you are only 31 weeks... they want to do another ultrasound in 6 weeks. if it would be important then they would do the us immediately ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2008