Are you setting limits for holiday gifts this year?

I don't know about you but I am setting limits for holiday gifts but all the while trying to give a gift that is appreciated.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• this year is no diff than the rest for us! I try to focus on making the gifts cute, and memoriable or special.. rather than "things"
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We have had limits on gift giving every year so this year it is the same. I shop through out the year and am always on the lookout for bargains on things I know they will want/like.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have cut back a lot this year with extended family I am not putting as much effort into the gifts and I am combining gifts for the adults into 1 gift for the both of them
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We have always set limits on gifts & avoided the commercial hype surrounding the winter holidays.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• All I am buying for this year are my kids. I have three, one hundred for each.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yes, the kids know they may have either a couple of the expensive things on their list, or a few more of the less expensive things. DD is 6, she chose the less expensive things lol. My boys however are asking for the new 4 gb xbox 360 and then Rockband 3 with the guitar. They will probably get those, along with my oldest wanting a set of bongos and my 11 year old wanting 2 tins of YuGiOh cards. Plus my mom got all 3 kids a gift together, the Kinect for the xbox. DD is going to get the same amount spent on her (about $250) but for that she is getting a doll high chair, Barbie Video Girl Doll, a Liv Doll, a new pair of roller skates, 4 Disney movies, and maybe a Pillow Pet depending on what I find on sale on Black Friday. Already ordered the Barbie video girl doll and high chair, and we're only at $80 for those. So she'll probably have a few more gifts than the boys lol but I'm sure they won't care at all!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2010