How much weight do you normally lose right after birth? adult content

I've gained almost 30 lbs and I'm in my 24th week. I'm already trying to but together a workout plan for after the baby. I had just lost 65 lbs when I found out I was pregnant.........ugh..

swink318

Asked by swink318 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost 20lbs just from birth alone, then the other 30lbs, I had to work off the hard way...for a total of 50lbs gained! Dang donuts!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You don't loose it immediately. You won't fit back into normal clothing right away either. If you breast feed you do loose faster. But I also advise in getting a body shaper and start wearing it. At first I had a wrap that was velcro for around my stomach (also great for when stopping BF to wrap your breasts), then I went into a large body shaper then a medium. I didn't do it with after my first baby but did with the second and it made a big difference.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 6:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• start wearing it now? I thought it was bad to constrict your body....what does it do? just keep you looking thin as you get bigger and bigger,lol
    swink318

Comment by swink318 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I lost about 15lb just from giving birth. I was almost back in my pre-pregnancy clothes a week after. I gained 35lb while pregnant. I lost all but the last 5-10lb within 2.5 months. The rest is a long story.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Right after THE BIRTH,you lose the weight of the baby and the placenta and some water weight. If you have gained FAT,it will take weeks,maybe months. I didn't gain much . I was back to my normal weight ,wearing my usual clothes within a month. It pays to eat a normal diet .
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I was pregnant with twins and gained 45lb and was in a size 3 (rather snuggly lol) a month after, i nursed and ended up being 3 sizes smaller by 3 months and couldnt gain weight if i tried now that theyre just about dine nursing i look a lot healthier
    goldfish09

Answer by goldfish09 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i lost almost 9lbs from my DD, 2 lbs of placenta, and about 2 lbs of blood and other fluids. i left about 15 lbs lighter than when i came in. also, you'll lose around 5 lbs of water weight during the first week or so as your body flushes all the extra water its been storing. ive also heard breastfeeding helps you lose the weight quicker.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I was on special K when I found out I was pregnant I lost 10 lbs the first week I was pregnant with my daughter(which was my first pregnancy-now a year and a half old) I was in a size 4 in jeans and went right back with some belly bulge after I had her....It won't be hard... I recommend special K healthy and smart weight loss program to follow.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• With both of mine, I left the hospital about 20 #'s lighter than when I went in to deliver.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about the weight you're gaining now; instead, focus on your nutrition. Eat lots of healthy stuff, and a little fun stuff here and there. If you don't allow yourself to over-indulge on junk, it will be easier to return to a good weight, because you won't have established bad eating habits that will need to be broken.

Good Luck - with your weight, and the baby. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Right after birth when they weighed me, I weighed 148, I lost 12lbs right after birth.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2011