What is your opinion on this gift giving idea?

A friend of mine and her husband have set a limit of $20 for each of them to spend on the other for Christmas. They have done this for the past few years. They shop through out the year at thrift/rummage/garage sales, etc... They find the best gifts for each other. The gifts all have a special meaning to them and really relate to things they like and enjoy.

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• I think it is a great idea, as it really emphasizes what the season is supposed to be all about.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sounds great to me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think this is a great idea and teaches them how to shop and spend money
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think it sounds wonderful.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• sounds good to me.. me and SO dont buy eachother gifts at all... enver wnough money left over after the kids and all his neices
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 6:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think it is a great idea. My husband and I havent bought each other gifts in years always spend the money on the kids
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think that is great. DH and I choose not to buy for each other, we do special things for each other. He is trained in massage therapy, so I always get an awesome massage, and I'm a great cook so I make him his favorite meals or desserts, whatever he requests for a day. I prefer that to spending money, because my mom buys enough for the both of us at the holidays!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2010