What are your views on watching reality TV?

I personally enjoy and appreciate it. I appreciate the people sharing their real life with everyone because it is informative and they are brave. My mother says it's a little on the " perving on other people lives" side of things. What do you think?

loleah

Asked by loleah at 6:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I can't stand it. I'd rather watch a good drama, or a comedy -- something that took creativity to produce.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• When I think about it, it is almost all that I do watch. I love it.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think I watch more reality tv then regular tv also. I think the people know what they are getting into when they sign up for the show.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Depends on the program... Some are no more than a bunch of idiots trying to do or say the most outrageous things to become famous. A lot of the reality TV isn't really even "reality", just people making up crap or producers molding the "characters" into something that they think will get ratings. With that being said, there really isn't much reality tv that I do watch, not my cup of tea.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a rusty, dull spoon. There's nothing "real" about most reality TV.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Some of it is really great, I like seeing certain things, and learning from people. Like the whole Sister Wives series, I really liked seeing their perspective. I also like the baby reality shows, and pregnancy shows. They have their ups and downs I'm sure. The ones I don't like are the ones that are on MTv, I just can't get into those. My husband does, but I swear he's going through a midlife crisis!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 7:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I really enjoy them! My son always teases me by saying I am the reason reality shows even exist because I watch many of them...lol.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm hooked on a lot of them! Amazing Race, Big Brother, Kate plus 8 ect ect ect
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I watch some of them. Some I had rather beat my head up against the wall than sit and watch.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I watch it knowing the vast majority of it is fake or staged and take it for what it is - tv with low production values. I also don't have much patience for people who turn their noses up at it as if things like Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy are somehow superior just because they pay the lighting crew more for staged drama.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010