Why is being ignorant something to be proud of these days?

Seriously, the latest anonotroll isn't unique in that area. When did it suddenly become cool to be a completely moronic apathetic tool, and a bragging point to say you don't care what the facts are about something, you'll just spout off about what you think is "right" even if it has nothing to do with what's going on? It's like the Real Housewives/Jersey Shore mentality has seeped into our consciousness, but are they the cause or just a manifestation of something bigger?

This TSA thing is just one thing - stupid people saying to "stop whining" about it, when it's obvious they don't have the first clue about it. It's no different than health care reform, cap and trade, the tie between farm subsidies and the omnipresent HFCS and modified starches in EVERYTHING we eat. If you really don't give a shit, that's fine. But why be proud of that?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Great question NP

If you expect a nation to be ignorant and free

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Please. Just because I don't agree with the sheeple, I'm ignorant? You know, thinking that everything is a conspiracy is a diagnosable psychological condition.
    Anonymous

• The "sheeple," by definition, would be 80% of people who "mildly" agree with you.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Please. Just because I don't agree with the sheeple, I'm ignorant?

No, troll, you are ignorant because you make sweeping generalizations based in fantasy and with complete absence of fact. When you are directed to the actual facts, you ignore them and start a new question or go troll a different one. You're not fooling anyone. Either you're really that ignorant, or you know better and are just looking for drama. Either way, you have zero credibility, which is why you've used anon, because you're not just ignorant, you're also too lazy to start a new account when you realize nobody takes you seriously about anything anymore.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• clapping

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Seriously.

If you don't care, why are you even on this board?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• clappinghad to give you another applauding sweet pea NP!

Answer by older at 6:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Ooohh ooohh ooohhh is there drama... I was off for a while!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• WOW! Does someone have issues that are making them a tad cranky? There's alot of issues out there that frankly I don't give a shit about but if I'm passionate about something I would certainly have my facts straight! Does this make me ignorant?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Does this make me ignorant?

Only if you run around spouting off an opinion on all the ones you don't give a shit about and tell all the people who've actually researched it that they're wrong because you say so.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010