How long did it take you to vote? Did you have to register?

I had to register and it still only took me 10 minutes to vote.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It took me a little over 5 minutes. And that was while holding a toddler and using a ballot that required a pen.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• you registered to vote..today? I thought oct 6th was the cut off for registration
    Anonymous

• You can register at the polls.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• In some states you can register to vote at the polls. However, many others require you to register early. Here in AZ we had until Oct. 4th to register. Learn the laws for you own state, or just register now so that you are registered next time an election comes around! And remember, local elections are important, don't wait 4 years for the next presidential one!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 5:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I registered 2 weeks before I voted on Oct. 27th. It literally took me 4 minutes from the time I went in to the time I left.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 5:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Took me less than 5 minutes from the time I pulled in the parking lot until the time I pulled out.
    thats_karma

Answer by thats_karma at 5:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i voted absentee about 2 weeks ago and it took me around 45 minutes in line.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My husband and I sat down together, and we also talked with our grown son. Going through all the Measures and Propositions as well as the handful of people we needed to vote on took us about an hour. We had to read not only the arguments for & against, but also the laws themselves sometimes because the arguments were not clear enough.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• EACH STATES have their own laws requiring registration; SOME states allow you to register and vote the same day. I believe Wisconsin is one of those states: And it's a "battle ground" state...interesting!!!

For the OP original question. NO registration today, my state required us to register the early part of October so I only voted. I was in and out in 30 minutes; however some of the other polling places in my area had waits up to 2 hours.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• iowa u can register at the voting booth... i just voted for the first time ever and it took me 2 min from the time i walked in and out... but i knew who i was voting for... and no lines where i live...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008