"I voted for the president and the others, well, I just went by whose names I have heard"

This is what my SO said after voting, I wanted to shoot him. Instead I said "Honey, do yourself a favor and don't repeat what you just said to anyone"

WTF???? What do you do if you don't know the candidates?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yea... I guess you don't vote.. I didn't vote for some today.. I didn't know who they were..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 5:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I vote a straight republican ticket. I am a republican (not an ounce of liberal in me). So I just look for the (R) beside the name, and they get my vote.
    Anonymous

• Voting one way strictly seems so dumb to me... my inlaws vote Republican no matter what... pisses me off. Vote for someone because he/she's the one that's gonna do the best job, not just because he/she's in your "party."
    Anonymous

• Vote your party, thats what I did. But I know the candidates I was voting for.
    Anonymous

• If you don't know the candidates, there's this really cool website called google. You should check it out. You can learn a lot about them there. I would recommend starting before election day, because it might take a while to make your decisions.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 5:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If I don't know anything about the people or the issue, I don't vote on that item. That only makes sense! If I just play eeny-meeny-miny-mo, I could be picking the worst person. If I only pick the person I've heard of, then I'm picking the person with the most money and most likely the person who is most "bought and paid for" by special interest groups.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Anon 537, the issue for me is I am a Conservative Republican, I never agree with Democrats. Ever! So why would I even bother looking, we have very fundamental differences in our beliefs. I know that and I am comfortable with it. No need to go judging people just because you don't agree. Maybe you are more moderate and can see points from both sides that you agree with, but not everyone feels the way you do. It does not make us dumb, it just means our minds are made up about where we stand on issues.
    Anonymous