Colonoscopy...Have you had one?

I have to have one on the 25th .. I was wondering who else has had one??? What did you have to do the day before.. I am a little confused, My directions say to buy Prescription Nulytely, 2 -10 oz bottles of Magnesium Citrate
2 Dulcolax Tablets
2Drammamine tablets
But only tells me @ 12:00pm Drink one 10 oz Magnieseum
2:00pm Take 1 Dramamine tablet
4:00 pm Start drinking one quart of Nulytely .. Drink the gallon within 4 hours.
8:00pm Take 2 dulcolax tabs..

What about the other Dramamine tablet and Magnesium citrate Bottle???

emturner

Asked by emturner at 5:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• I'm a nurse with Colorectal patients- and I would call your doctor about these directions. That seems like they have you taking a lot of stuff. And why in the world you would need dulcolax after Nulytely seems odd to me. We give the nulytely to patients in the hospital alot and we never give dramamine with it either. So maybe your directions are specific to you and your health conditions??? I don't know- but I'd definitely clarify before taking all of that! The worst part of the whole procedure is the night before. You will spend a lot of time with your toilet. Most people are so happy from the medications during the actual colonoscopy that they don't remember anything about it! Good luck!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have to have one the 20th :(
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I've had one and I agree that these directions seem a bit overboard. I would call your doctor's office to confirm. I didn't have to do all of that. The above poster is right...I spent a lot of time in the bathroom the night before, but I have no memory of the procedure itself!! Good luck, and I wish you good health. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 6:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008