Any good dinner ideas for a 1yr old?

My son loves dairy. He loves cheese, plain cheese, mac & cheese, cheese gold fish, cheetos, yogurt etc.. I want him to eat more protien but I cant find anything that I think he'll like. He eats really good when it comes to the foods he likes like,cheese. Any dinner or lunch ideas that your toddlers like?

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 10 month old loves beans. You can buy canned, or dry and soak and cook them. Black beans, navy beans, white beans, kidney beans, you name it. Just lay them out on his tray and see if hell eat them! Also peanut butter is a good source of protein. Of course, check with your doc if you have a family history of peanut allergy, but if not at 1 yo, you should be good to go. Also, try eggs.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 7:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• At that age, my kids ate whatever we were eating.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i would not worry about what you think he will like - give him a variety of things, stuff that you think he will not like he might just love. give him the same thing you are eating, it is the best way to keep him from getting picky in my opinion. do not cook special meals for him while everyone else eats something different. my kids all ate the same meal as the family at a year old, and still do, and they are not picky other than a couple of minor things.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• That's the issue my son wont eat whatever I'm eating unless it has cheese in it.
    Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• At that age my kids were eating what we were in smaller portions of course!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010