Would you consider homeschooling if your child misbehaved all the time?

My 6th grader is close to suspension and if she keeps up her bullying, expolsion.
I'm seriously considering homeschooling her, because I'm at my wit's end.
She's failing at this point.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm already homeschooling my kindergartener and preschooler (I also have a daughter that's only 2). I don't see how homeschooling could hurt at this point. It's not going to put her behind...and you definately don't want her to continue to fail.

Check out your state's homeschool laws, either google them or check out www.hslda.org . You can go from there :) You DON'T have to buy large packaged curriculums for hundreds of dollars like some people will have you believe. Do lots of research first :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The only question I really have is how is she at home?? Does she listen to you?? Do you have her respect?? Like, Renee, I don't think it at this point it would hurt her any, but if she has the same behavior issues at home with you, it going to be an up hill battle either way.....

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• She can occasionally talk back, but for the most part she only has trouble when she's with friends.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• First I would try to fix the problem and find out why she is behaving the way she is.
    Anonymous

• I would not just pull her out of school. Taking her out to fix the problem might not fix it, it might make it worse. I would talk to her and find out why she is having these problems. Kids usually have something going on to make them this way.

I would also talk to her about the home schooling and see what she says.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No no no!
    Dont let them out of school becuase they are probably acting out as a rebellion against school. I have relatives who tryed to homeschool thier behaving children and it failed terribly. Home is where kids are comfortable and school needs to be about business. Use the policy that my parents did. Trouble in school = grounding or loss of privlages. Make it very inconvienient for your child to fail. It always worked with me. I got straight As because I was grounded if I did poorly and rewarded with money or a gift when I did well.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008