How would you react?

To preface my father is NOT dead, so far as I know, my brother was just being a butthead of the highest order.
My brother left a message on facebook would I attend my father's funeral if he died. My family all know taht my father molested me as a child, but my mother is the only one who believes me. Even her own mother thinks that she brainwashed me and nothing ever happened. So I was very upset by his comment. I haven't talked to my dad in ages becuase he always tells me that it was all made up and I refuse to talk to him until he can admit what he did and be a grown up about it.
Am I wrong in that to start with? My brothers comment well I just deleted it and am choosing to ignore the fact that he left it to begin with. I don't really know a great way to deal with it. On the one hand yes the man is my father on the other hand I can't deal with him in any way and it would be dishonest to wait till he dies and then act like nothing ever happened WHEN IT DID. Not to mention well, you know, we wouldn't have money. Should I even respond to my brother? If so, with what?

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 7:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• tell your brother to grow the fuck up and as for what your dad did im so sorry to hear that i had a family member do the same to me and honestly i would go to the funeral to make sure the piece of shit is really dead to me the day the family member that touched me when i was young dies i will be very happy

fuck everyone else if they dont believe you you know the truth and so does your dad and he will pay at the end
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would just ignore it. If you respond, you will just be giving him fuel.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 7:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Maybe send him a private message telling that wasnt cool and how u feel about it. Thats a tough one. I hate my dad too but for different reasons. And honestly probably wouldnt even go to his funeral. Or maybe I will and tell everyone what a piece of shit he is. lol. Sorry your goin through this. Hugs.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 7:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• you handles well
    facebook is not the place to publicly say something like this
    another reason i am rarely on facebook, it has turned into say something that sparks a debate and let everyone see it so they can all comment
    totally not cool, but you had class to ignore
    good job! in a difficult situation
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would totally be UNfriending my brother over something like that. I would also cut connections with those who don't believe you.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Ignoring it was probably the best option. Maybe if ya see your brother soon and HE mentions something just tell him it was totally and completely uncool of him to say that and drop it. Unless he wants to push it and open that can of worms with you. Keep being strong...sounds like you have been for a long time now! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Honey, I too am a survivor of sexual abuse. It's not wrong in the least bit to distance yourself from your abuser. You don't have to accept him ever if you don't want to. Your brother sounds like a jerk. And I'm sorry about your family not believing you. My mom did not believe me for 5 years until I told a teacher who had to report and CPS told her it was him or me. Well long story short I was sent to a different home.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Just ignore the ignorance hun, it's not even worth it!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2010