Has anyone else had lost sole custody of their children?

My daughters father is trying to get full custody of my daughter; if not full custody he wants "full sold custody." .... He is lying and stretching the truth to no end, it really sucks.

SecretKeeper574

Asked by SecretKeeper574 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• no. but best of luck with your fight. have you googled for a lawyer in your state?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes it happened to me when I finally had the courage to leave my ex after he threatened to take my son away from me if I ever left him. It was very messy and complicated. At the beginning, I had my son 3 days and he had him 4, but after 2 years, I was able to gain joint custudy, both physical and legal. They whole thing wouldn't have happened to begin with had I retained a better attorney. That is the key. Things are good now and we actually co-parent pretty effectively and Ben goes back and forth between our homes at will. Good luck to you!
    tcdamsel

Answer by tcdamsel at 9:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh my goodness...I am sorry and will keep you in though about this situation I can only imagine how hard this is for you...
    Kellixclark

Answer by Kellixclark at 12:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2010