Do you think it's possible?

I have always wanted to write a book. Today I discovered NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, where people across the globe attempt to write a 50,000 word novel between November 1 - 30. So, with 9 days left, I'm going to try.

Do you think I'm nuts? Okay, so I probably am, but it will be fun just the same, even if I don't hit the 50,000 word mark.

Have you ever wanted to write a book? How many nuts like me are there out there? Any advice, sage words of wisdom?

P.S. Here's a link to my blog with the first bit that I've written so far, just in case you're curious. http://mountainmaidencmm.wordpress.com/2010/11/21/nanowrimo/

Reenieredhead

Asked by Reenieredhead at 7:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Good luck, that totally amazes me that you have taken on such a challenge. Good luck again.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 7:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think there are plenty of people who would like to write a book.  You're not crazy. Go for it!

high five

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 7:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm going to read it right now. Good Luck!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've tried writing several stories. I never make it to the end, but I know what my problem is. I lack organization. The key, I think, is to start out with an outline of the beginning, middle and end, listing your conflict, resolution, etc. So you know what you are writing about. I can just never decide how to resolve the conflict. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• BisketLiss - I have a similar problem. I can't finish things... I get great ideas, but since I can't seem to figure the whole thing out in my head, start to finish, before I start, I don't get very far. That and I tend to have a bit of an attention deficit... I lose interest after a while. So maybe if I only have 9 days, I won't lose interest!
    Reenieredhead

Comment by Reenieredhead (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I believe that anything is possible....You can do this!!!! Good Luck!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Good luck
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 1:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I currently have a couple novels started, I have been working on one since 2004, can't seem to focus. So if you can do it in a month, more power to you!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes it is
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010