Do you agree with this?

It's really hard to actually tickle yourself. And that is why when we are having a bad day, it feels really nice when our Hubs/SO/Person notices and asks. I'm all for open communication and saying what you need, but having to tell your closest person that you are having a bad day kind of defeats the purpose. We need to feel deeply cared for and understood, not like we are cramming our b****ing into their earhole. Just my thoughts on it.

Airamana

Asked by Airamana at 7:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• So they are supposed to read our minds essentially? No, I don't agree completely with that statement. Sometimes you have to tell people things because they can't read minds and maybe have so much on theirs (or are having a bad day ) that they don't pick up on things right away. Sorry but the statement is too high maintenance for me.

hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree with you...
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes I agree
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Um, no. I neither said nor implied the reading of minds, actually. I used the term "notice", as in "to observe", to come to realize or know especially through consideration of noted facts. For instance, a woman who is easily frustrated over little things, plus an edge in her voice, plus a scowl in her brow, minus the usual care, gentleness, and chatter with which she goes about her duties, most likely equals a bad day. ****Can you tell I'm having a bad day, yet? I'm being a total bitch, here**** I don't think a little observation is too much to ask.

Furthermore, I'm not saying we shouldn't say what needs to be said, I'm just saying sometimes it would feel so much better if someone noticed. FEEL. That's all. Wouldn't if FEEL nice if your Other said, "Honey, looks like you're having an off day. What's up? Anything I can do?"

Gall, I'm so emo, right now. SMH. *sigh* One of these days, this SAHM is calling in sick.
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010