So I went to babysit tonight...

and the lady paid me too much. I didn't count the money till after I left so I didn't say anything to her. I kept two kids 5 months and a 3 year old for 4.5 hours. Its the first time I watched her kids and she interviewed me earlier in the week and I told her I would charge her 25-30 a day.....she gave me $60!!! I don't know if she thought I ment each kid or what!?! She already has me coming back in 2 weeks to keep them again. Should I call her tell her she paid me other than what I said I charge or just leave it alone???? After doing the care on the weekend and all I was thinking while I was there I should have said $40 but I think $60 is just too much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would call her. It will show that you are trustworthy and she may even let you keep the money :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Call her and let her know. Where I live, $25 only covers 1 child. Daycare here cost $25-$30 a day per child. So she may have thought you meant per child.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 8:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would call her and let her know that she 'overpaid' you, and ask her how she wanted to handle it-- would she like the extra back, or should you apply it toward the next childcare day of service.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yea call her she will admire your honestly
    Kellixclark

Answer by Kellixclark at 12:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2010