So I went to babysit today.....

and the lady paid me too much. I didn't count the money till after I left so I didn't say anything to her. I kept two kids 5 months and a 3 year old for 4.5 hours. Its the first time I watched her kids and she interviewed me earlier in the week and I told her I would charge her 25-30 a day.....she gave me $60!!! I don't know if she thought I ment each kid or what!?! She already has me coming back in 2 weeks to keep them again. Should I call her tell her she paid me other than what I said I charge or just leave it alone???? After doing the care on the weekend and all I was thinking while I was there I should have said $40 but I think $60 is just too much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call her and tell her. It's the honest thing to do.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Call her.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Discuss it with her, but don't go overboard insisting you give some back or anything.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would call. It will show that you are trustworthy and she may even let you keep the money ;)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would call her. If she figures out she gave you too much and you not mention it. That could lead to no more babysittng for her. Plus it's just the right thing.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Simply ask her. She might have been aware of what she paid you and just felt you deserved more.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Call her about it. Maybe she thought of it as a tip?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010