how much liquid to hydrate 7 month old?

I know to go by wet diapers but I don't want it to get to the point where ds hasn'thad enough. He does not realy want to take his bottle lately. He did that around 5 months when he was teething and going through a growth spurt. He has been more fussy(no fever). He has a good appetite for solids(unless it's the thing he does not like lately). He has had 3 oz so far today and it's 5 pm.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He has had good diapers btw-just want to know when I should worry about his intake. I heard an oz is enough?
    tickled_pink09

Comment by tickled_pink09 (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Make sure he is getting the formula before the solids. It is still the most important food right now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yup-and thankfully he is eating his rice cereal with mixed fruit. He loved his regular oatmeal and then out of the blue would fuss over it....and he needs his formula. Dh picked up the rice cereal and it's been a huge hit-thankfuly. I give him a bottle first thing when he wakes up and offer it throughout the day. If he does not take the bottle-I at least offer some cereal.
    tickled_pink09

Comment by tickled_pink09 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would say 4oz every feeding. There's no right or wrong answer, kinda see how it goes, but, encourage water that's good for them.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010