Did your hubby/bf/family member stay overnight at the hospital after delivery?

I'm having c section scheduled and wanted my hubby stay overnight with me during the time I'm in hospital, but mom inlaw think it's unnecessary. She think there's nurse to take care of me I'll be fine.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I NEEDED my husband. I couldnt take care of the baby and myself after my c-section.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I wanted my husband there also. And he stayed with me. He had to leave me a go to work at a certain time and then back to the hospital he was...
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My fiance stayed to whole time. I think he left for about 2 hours the 2nd day to go home a shower. Other than that he stayed the night and was in the room with us all day.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nope. I had two c-sections and neither time did he stay all night.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My husband stayed with me all three times. It is really up to you and your dh. Tell your MIL to butt out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My husband stayed both times. My mom went back to my house w/the first, and then was taking care of my son while I was in the hospital w/the second.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yep he stayed the whole time
    lisajellybean

Answer by lisajellybean at 8:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's up to you if you want him to stay. Talk it over with him and ignore your MIL.

Mine stayed with me the entire time I was in the hospital, except to leave for a few hours the day after our son was born, to take a shower, eat, take care of the animals and get some rest (he didn't sleep too well in the hospital cot/bed). Poor guy got stuck without hardly being able to eat too. I didn't realize I could order extra food for him and the Subway in the hospital was staffed by incompetent rude idiots that he hated having to deal with, so he didn't bother.

Sure you will have a nurse to take care of you, but unless there are reasons why he can't stay (do you have other children that need to be taken care of?), then why shouldn't he?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No and I can't figure out what a guy can do that a nurse can't do. I don't think a husband really wants to change your pad!
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 8:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My hubby had to leave,and take my Mom and kids home. He got stopped by a cop on the way home,and when he told the cop his wife just had a baby, the cop let him go. Then he came back,and stayed all night, even though I didn't know it. I had a c-section,and was whacked out on Demerol. LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010