Is anyone else tired of seeing posts put on CM just to get attention?

I am so tired of seeing posts on here by women who are just looking for attention and then say, "please no bashing". Omg...what do you expect when you dog breastfeeding moms and call yourself a psycho loser for no apparent reason??? I guess as a mother and wife with normal issues and concerns, I am just blown away by some of the stuff posted on here...I just don't get it. Isn't the whole point of this sight to share your advise and get advise from other moms...and yes, also to vent, but in a way that makes sense and doesn't insult other moms? Anyone else share my thoughts?

busybaytownmom

Asked by busybaytownmom at 8:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Alot of that is them trying to get a reaction. Some people feed off of that. So when we react they've gotten just what they want..I try not to feed into that but sometimes you just can't help yourself! Especially if you're sarcastic like myself.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• anony, I don't think that expecdting my husband to stay at the hospital with me would equate to "feminizing" him. I don't want some macho man who can't be a decent person when it's needed.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• What I am sick of is women who are so trying to feminize their men. Stay all night at the hospital with you? Are you freakin 4?
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 8:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't think they do it for attention as much as they do it for points. Questions get 5 pts while answering them is only 2 pts

Answer by admckenzie at 8:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• dog breastfeeding moms ???

i missed something - i think
    no, i am sure i missed somethign
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Well maybe some do it for points but there has got to be a better way to get them...I mean, seriously it goes way too far sometimes and I'm just like WTH is the point of that post???
    busybaytownmom

Comment by busybaytownmom (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think some people come for advice and end up getting bashed, when they really don't need to be bashed in the first place - sometimes it just doesn't do any good. Maybe when they post again they're afraid of the bashing, so they post what they're really looking for, which is support and advice. Some people can be brutal. Some people are just truly seeking to stir the pot though and get people riled up.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010