water purifier

What kind of water purification system do you have? I have tried purr, brita, and I think I may try this zero one now. It just seems like it may be better. Anyone tried it yet?

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 8:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We have an 8 stage reverse osmosis and deionization system.

Brita and Purr and those other things are just carbon filters. They get out some chlorine and make it taste better.

If you saw the bands of metals in the filter we use when we clean it out, the gross sludge left behind, you would want to sue the county water department. It's disgusting. an RO system will get out all the contaminants like lithium, hormones, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• DH & I bought a Watts Premier Reverse Osmosis system from Lowe's and installed it ourself a few years ago.  It came w/ the small spout, and we had to drill a hole in our cast iron sink (a pain!).  It's awesome!  Soft water salemen making rounds in our neighborhood tested our R.O. water, and compared w/ their soft water, our water came out better.  LOL

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We just switched from Brita to Pur because they have so much more data on what is removed from the water that Brita does.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 7:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• NO!!!!!!
    paishar2

Answer by paishar2 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2010