what would you do or say?

I bump into a male friend while on the phone with my husband. He came from behind and it sounded as though he whispered, I was startled. when I turned around I saw it was an old friend, I said hello and told him I was on the phone with my husband. My husband feel like my body language and voice tone wasnt firm enough.. he feels like I dont stick up for the marriage. he constantly feels this way no matter what I do. I try to please him and stay away from people I grew up with because hes uncomfortable. though nothing went on with others, he doesnt trust me.

ylonda

Asked by ylonda at 5:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Have you ever cheated on him or given him a reason to not trust you? It sounds like a old boyfriend I use to have. He ended up getting violent because he was so jealous! I never gave him any reason not to trust me, he was just very insecure if I even looked at another man. Do not let him dettermine who you can be friends with. You aren't doing anything wrong. But he need to get a grip or you need to get out. Trust is everything and if you don't have it, you relationship won't last.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thanks for clarifying from your previous post. I agree with amydh. It sounds like he could be a bit controlling. Watch the situation. If it gets worse, or if he gets to where he gets upset about ANY of your friends, get out. It's called isolationism, and it's abuse. And it could get worse.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I agree with rhope4 and amydh.Watch out

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Be careful of this situation; take care of yourself.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No trust, shouldn't be with him. That simple ---sorry if it seems harsh. I was engaged to a guy like that for a short time and just ended up ending the relationship. It's rediculous for you to cut off all social ties to the world just because he has jealousy issues. *Note: I'm not saying it's ok to just go and hang out w/ your guy friends, unless your hubbie is there*
    scaruso08

Answer by scaruso08 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008