If a new bakery opened up in your area, what would you want them to have?

Living in a small town. No "bakery" in sight! If you had a new shop in your neighborhood, what kind of homemade goodies would you want? List them all! From cookies to pies and everything inbetween! What are your faves? Do you like the new fancy items people sell or are you still a fan of simple comfort food recipes from scratch? What about those of you with dietary needs? What do you wish your bakery had more of? Gluten Free, low cal, sugar free????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nothing good. I have to lose weight. If their food was good I'd be tempted to eat it all. Thank goodness my small town doesn't have a bakery

Answer by admckenzie at 8:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• The two things that I would most likely want are GOOD doughnuts....and cakes for birthday's, graduations, anniversaries...etc.....

The gluten free and sugar free would be very sell-able and great for marketing to the public!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Rosemary whole wheat bread.
    Fresh Tarts, Puff Pastries, Eclaires, MultiGrain breads.
    Gluten Free for those that need.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• nanaimo bars!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Donuts, danish, good rolls/buns, bread, cakes, pies, cookies.....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• WOW, thank you for the responses so far! Yeah there is NOTHING in the area to get some fresh homemade goods. Either choice if from the local grocery store or premade stuff at the little local eatery! Bummer! Keep the answers comin ladies! whoo hoo!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I love all those creamy delicious pastries, and I love creative things like cupcakes that are decorated really fabulously. Makes me want to showcase them at my next gathering. I always love to get a box of different pastries from a local bakery for family gatherings.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Kringles and cyclops donuts.

I always take my daughters for a cyclops donut at the local bakery by their school. It's been in business for 80 years so it's doing something right.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh and macarons. Not too many bakeries make macarons. They are so pretty and colorful. Not macaroons, but macarons. You would get business from all over if you had macarons.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Honestly, a DRIVE through...lol I know that may be lame, but my husband is gone a lot and sometimes I want bakery type items and dont want to drag both my kids out of the car for a fast snack.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010