Is he cheating if he is texting another woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• YUP! If he is sharing intimate thoughts and feeling with her, then it is emotional cheating.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It depends on what he is saying.

Answer by older at 8:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If it's his mother, sister, aunt or grandmother...no. It depends on who the other woman is.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't think so

Answer by admckenzie at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Depends on the boundaries you feel comfortable with in your relationship. If this makes you uncomfortable and he doesn't stop, where does his allegiance fall? I guess I'd want to know why he was texting another woman, and if he was unfront in showing me the texts immediately - no deleting. I love that quote from Ronald Regan, and I'm going to butcher the heck out of it - but I wish, wish, wish everyone would live by it, but it goes something like - I act in your absence the same as I do in your presence. I tell my husband - if it's something you wouldn't say or do in front of me, don't do it when I'm not around.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• from the limited amount of info given
    i am going with most likely
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It all depends on what he is saying.

My DH will text a co-worker now and then. I know exactly what it concerns - her picking up the bakery order for the day instead of him. Doesn't bug me a bit. If he were also texting about what they could do to each other with the baked goods, then I'd be irate.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I depends on who it is and what he is saying.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If it's like this situation [link below], probably.
    http://www.cafemom.com/answers/647785/If_you_found_out_your_husband_texted_a_former_friend_of_YOURS_even_though_he_claims_he_hates_her_and
    Anonymous

• No it doesn't. To jump to those conclusions tells me that you aren't a very trusting wife to begin with. If I were you, I'd work on your trust issues with him. Is he aware of the trust issues you have? If you talk about it, things will work out. Is he keeping the texting secret? There are still some questions that need to be asked before a good, solid answer is given.

Not every single married man who texts a female friend is cheating. This also tells me that you wouldn't hesitate to drop him if the smallest infraction happened. Like I said before, talk to him about your insecurities and lack of trust issues. And I would seriously stop jumping to conclusions. This makes you sound paranoid, too. Does he really give you any reason to think that he's cheating? I really don't see how this would be cheating.

Bottom line: talk to him about your insecurities and trust issues.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010