Seeing behind the vehicle

I have a small SUV-KIA Borrego.
and I have a hard time seeing behind it when backing up. I can see pretty good out the side mirrors but the rear view mirror does not show that well.
It has a sensor system that beeps when you come within a couple feet of something on the back or the rear sides. A number of times I have stopped and got out to look to make sure there was nothing directly behind my car. I never had to do this with my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Anyone else have this problem with their cars?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I just switched from a Ford Expedition to a Ford F-150 pick up truck. I didn't have the system in the Expo, but I didn't have trouble backing up, either. I'm still getting used to the new truck and it does have the system. The system itself takes some getting used to. I suppose you'll never have a completely clear, blockage-free view. Try backing into parking as much as possible as you'll have a fresh view as to what is around you (or pulling all the way through if possible). Then, when you leave, you can just pull forward and not worry about what's behind you.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I can't really see behind my car. It is a sporty car so I sit really low and can't see past the spoiler on the back.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010