Is your house noisy with teens?

Mine is very loud. I did not realize that I was used to the quiet.With Two back from College for this week and their sister they are loud!

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• my house is quiet... I miss the noise with ds at college dd is quiet and doesn't bring friends over
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 8:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh YES! Mine are both boys and then you add their friends and my 18 year old nephew is visiting us now and BOY OH BOY does it get loud!!!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• it does not bother me at all because i rather them here then on the streets where they get into trouble
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My house used to be loud. The older three are not living home anymore so I just have a 16 year-old left. Sometimes, I miss it believe it or not.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I had three teens a while ago but they weren't "noisy". Mine were teens in the 1980's, back when people were less noisy and more toned-down and level-headed and well balanced and polite and poised.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Alternately, yes. My 15 yo son got a drum set two days ago, so I can look forward to a lot more noise. His bedroom is in the garage, so it's a little insulated, though. He's had an electric guitar and keyboard for about 3 years, and we also have a traditional piano. My oldest is at college, but when she comes back they're always boisterous. My 12yo is generally quiet, but sometimes she gets to bouncing the volleyball around and that drives me crazy. Playstation gets turned down so that the noise is bearable while I'm working, since my jewlery table is right next to it. But, I guess we hum along pretty well. We homeschool, so their presence is a factor all the time unless they're at their dad's.
    Laura_Lee

Answer by Laura_Lee at 9:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• 5 kids total add the DH and a 9 month old golden retriever, and you get loud!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes but who cares they will be gone before you know it!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010