do you let your kids jump on the bed?

Some times I do. I pull her bed to the middle of the room, surround it by pillows & stand right there.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I called the doctor and the doctor said.... Sorry, couldn't resist.

wink

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• NO, bad for the mattress, bad for the boxsprings, bad for the bedframe, bad for the slats holding the mattress into the frame. And I broke my collarbone as a child when I jumped off my parents bed and hit the windowsill.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I know its fun...but i dont let mine jump on the bed...
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• nope. never have. We teach or kids to respect furniture. One time our oldest then 2 was jumping on the bed I was right there and she fell backwards and turned when she fell and fell flat on her face and I thought she broke her nose. Luckly she didn't. She was bleeding pretty good though. I wasn't alowing her to do it I was putting on my makeup and turned around to tell her to stop she hurried and got down then I turned back to finish she started jumping again and then I turned around and I was telling her you better sit down and then she fell off. Anything can happen so I don't ever let my kids jump on bed, or any furniture.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nope
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Never have. There are many things they can do for fun. Besides damaging furniture.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No, but a babysitter let them and one of my kids fell and ended up getting stitches. I was pissed at her for letting it happen.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes sometimes just for fun with a pillow fight and they have a blast!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We will jump on it together sometimes, but I try not to let him do it without supervision
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nope, but our beds are pretty much crap so I don't want them to break.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010