So I took my pug puppy to the vet today..... Vent..

Tell me what you would have done. Of course it is Sunday... my dog ate two pantie liners today. One for breakfast then one for morning snack. Arrrgggghhh so I went on a big long walk with her. She pooped runny poop but none of the liner came out. We walk 4 miles. On the way home she started wincing and yelping while trying to poop. I thought oh my what happened did her leash hurt her? Then when we got in my yard she was hunched over trying to poop then just laid down and cried. OY!!
So I called the vet, they said sounds like a bowel obstruction. Bring her in... 3 hours later and $250 bucks. They said they see no obstruction and feed her hair ball remover to lube her up.
So what would you have done? Now that I have spent the money would you have waited or just gone with her to the emergency room. How can I make clear decisions with a dog in pain? Dang it. How would you have made a wait and see decision? Help with some incite for next time I have to deal with this.. Thanks!

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pets

• I would have taken the dog in. She could have needed ex[ploratory surgury to have the objects removed I would not chance it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i owuld've gave my dog some ex lax lol but that's just me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would have done the same thing!!! P.S move the panty liners :)
    Mrsvixen69

Answer by Mrsvixen69 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I also would have done the same thing
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• That is a small price to pay even though the pup is ok.If he/she had been obstructed it could have meant the death of your furbaby.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. If something serious had happened, you might have felt like you could have prevented it. Be glad it was only $250, jeesh, some of those bills run in the thousands!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010