3rd pregnancy.. 1st boy.. do you let your sis/best friend throw you a baby shower???

with my first.. so many people did them for me i am still surprised how many i had!! 5 w/ the first.. my church /family/friends/teachers were SO sweet... second one i had one thrown by my best friend and sister.. now i am having my FIRST boy!... and i really am trying to dodge the baby showers.. not because i hate them.. i LOVE them, who wouldnt?? and I LOVE that all the people want to be a part of our childs life.. but i feel so guilty... because the same people attend.. and they come to all the little ones birthday parties and so on i feel like if i let someone throw me my first boy shower, people will just be sick of me and having to give presents.. anyone else feel this way or is it just silly of me?

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 9:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most definitely.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I say have one! Maybe put on the invite that since you already have all the basics for the baby boy bring clothes or a gift card to help stock his closet to match his sisters...or something like that. I can understand why you'd feel weird about having another shower, but this is a different set of circumstances! Congrat on your boy!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You should definitly have a shower for this baby. Most people are going to want to get the new baby something anyway, so go ahead and let your sister/friend throw you a shower and have fun. Congratulations !
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 9:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yep!!!
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Everything that you have is girl, girl, girl...you should definitely have a shower and not feel bad about it.Its an exciting thing!
    Itsallgood

Answer by Itsallgood at 10:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I didn't have a shower for my first two, which were both girls, so a friend of mine has decided that she is going to throw me one this time since we're finally having a boy! I say go for it.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010