how did you know to go from 2-3 kids?

I currently have 2 boys 5 and 2! I am really happy with having 2 kids but my heart aches for one more! I am comfortable with 2 but just can't describe the ache for one more! Possibly a lil girl! But I just don't know!

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 9:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It was easier for me going from 2 to 3 because the oldest could help me with the middle child until dad was home

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My third was a surprise for me. I had an iud put it. It came out of place, and there came my third and final child.I love him and wouldn't take anything for him. I think some things do happen for a reason.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Hmmmm... I knew to go from 2 to 3 when one month my period didn't show and I got a positive pregnancy test! LOL!

Yes, our third one was an oops, but at the same time I didn't feel 'done' with two. If I had, we would have been a lot more careful. It was a little stressful because I found the jump from 2 to 3 was expensive (mainly because our car would not fit three carseats so we had to take on another payment.) But it all worked out fine, and I feel like our family is complete with three. If you go for it, you'll make it work just fine! My only caveat would be to make sure you are wanting another baby, not a little girl specifically, because obviously you can't guarantee the gender.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would like a girl but a healthy baby is the only thing that matters to me!
    cortneydmorris

Comment by cortneydmorris (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We adopted our 2 children who are only 8 months apart! They are both 7 now so I know they'd make great siblings to a third. By surprise, we finally got pregnant this spring after 9 years of trying! We were so excited as were the kids! Sadly, I m/c in June at just over 3 months along but we now know that a third child is definitely something we still desire. We were ready for a third and when I m/c it was so devastating! At 5 months of TTC, we are hopeful!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a 3 year old and a 17 month old. We are thinking about having a 3rd baby. I'm nervous because two just seems so easy for me and I'm worried that 3 will be over whelming plus our family will NOT take it well because they think our family is "perfect" because we have a boy and a girl so we should "be done."

I don't feel that way AT ALL. I would LOVE to have another little girl but would welcome another baby boy too. I LOVE being pregnant and my DH LOVES me being pregnant.

I think it's in the cards for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It was an easy decision for me and my husband. I have a 32 month old son from a previous relationship and he also has a 30 month old son from a previous relationship. It can be very difficult at times, I'm a stay at home mom, and boys are so wild and crazy lol. I feel like I have twins sense they are the same age. But we want another, we feel like having another baby between the two of us will tie our family together if that makes sense. You may have doubts but if you do have a third child you won't regret it. Good luck!
    LindsayLL

Answer by LindsayLL at 7:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2010