Highlights--Foiling

What do you pay for this on shoulder length hair?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I pay 65$ for highlights, cut and blow dry and my hair is to my shoulders in long layers.

Answer by older at 9:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• As a cosmetologist, I can tell you that it varies from salon to salon. Some charge per foil (about $6) or what they call partial or full head highlights. That can run anywhere from $60- $200 depending on the quality of the salon. I would call around to find exact prices first.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Mine start at $60 and go up based on how much hair you have. Time is $$.
    My colleagues tend to be higher around $80 to $150
    I pay chair rent so I usually go based off time and product.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Keep in mind, it's a little bit more for multiple colors. People don't always know that. I usually charge $8 more for multiple color foils.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I got a partial highlighting with foils (vs cap, which is cheaper, though I wouldn't recommend on anything but short hair) from a bit above price range average salon $ and it was $75. Another thing to keep in mind is that depending on the experience of the stylist, they charge more, too; not just the different salons. My stylist has been one for only about 5 years, for instance.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010