if im 2 weeks pregnant on oct 21 when exsctly is the first day i started ovulating?

kiss941

Asked by kiss941 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 2 weeks pregnant IS ovulating. They count from the first day of your last period, so the first two weeks are a freebie :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm confused lol I don't remember my last period....when y say freebie wat does that mean?
    kiss941

Comment by kiss941 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It means that you're not actually pregnant for the first two weeks of the 40 weeks of pregnancy. They call it 40 weeks, but you actually concieve at week 2, so it's a freebie :)

So if you were told you were 2 weeks pregnant, they probably meant 2 weeks after ovulation/conception, which is 4 weeks pregnant. I know, it's very confusing lol. I don't know why they do that.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Ok so their saying I'm 6 weeks 4 days so actually I'm 4 weeks 4days?also they used the camera thing to go inside me to c how far along I am.does that mean that its accurate that I am 6 weeks 4 days
    kiss941

Comment by kiss941 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• At 6 w 4 d you have only been pregnant for 4 weeks and 4 days, yes. But it's still called six weeks and four days lol. It's silly.

Early ultrasounds like that are pretty accurate. They have a margin of error of up to a week, though. So you could be 5w4d or you could be 7w4d or anywhere in between. My early ultrasounds are always off... I know when i concieve because I chart, and my babies always measure 5-7 days behind where we actually are in the pregnancy. Ultrasound is most accurate between 8 and 12 weeks, but you probably have a pretty good due date based on the ultrasound. Just don't go inducing for being overdue until you are 42 weeks or more, since the date could be off.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010