Have u ever been on a vacation and something went wrong?

Our last vacation we went camping to Grand Canyon, and there was sever storms, and the campground was flooded and people had to be airlifted out. Have u ever been on vacation, and ur car broke down, or you were lost? What happend to you, and where?

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 6:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Travel

• nope. the worst that happened to me was the airline sent my luggage to the wrong place, so i had to wait a few days to get it
    Anonymous

• Not me, but my BFF always has something bad to her when she goes on vacation. She got stranded in Mexico, not that big of a deal to her since she is from there, but her BF was freaking out. In Peru she nearly couldn't come home, because the time she went before Mexican citizens weren't required to have certain papers, and the second time they were. We have decided to go on vacation this time, so hopefully all will go well.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• not to me, but my son went with his aunt to a camping site and his aunt went to go through the woods for something or a walk (whatever it was) , got lost in the woods and had someone had to call the cops to find them!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Jamaica and when we were in the airport about to board the plane to come home we realized that we had lost our photo ids, and we weren't allowed to board the plane with out them. It was a terrible mess, we got home though! A week later someone sent us our ids from Jamaica.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Took our kids camping one time and I ended ruining it with a gallbladder problem at 4 am in the morning....we had to leave early to rush to the hospital ASAP....

Then when we went on our honeymoon to the Bahamas, Nassua matter a fact....My hubby went into the bathroom and some guy open his stall and put a knife up to his neck and try grabbing his wallet...hubby wouldn't give in but the guy got away with a few hundred. I'm never going back there again.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My DH and I took an extended weekend trip up to the local mountains. A snowstorm hit so we couldn't take the main road there. When it started snowing we weren't sure when we were supposed to put on cables, because no one stopped us. We ended up skidding into the side of the mountain! Finally a really really nice couple came by and helped us get out of the mud. We got the cables put on, but somewhere between where we got stuck and the B&B we were to stay in, one of the cables snapped! The owner of the B&B took us to KMart just before it closed to get chains, and my DH and I put chains on in the snow at like midnight! We didn't drive the rest of the trip, and when we got back home he had to have the whole alignment adjusted. Part of the oil pan had cracked, too, and the bumper was really messed up. I'm thankful we're alive, but I don't think we'll take anymore trips to the mountains in the snow.
    CarynZ

Answer by CarynZ at 2:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• almost: last may i was supposed to go to africa ( 5 mos preggers) with my dad. we were going to Tanzania with a tour group. So the day before we are set to leave, i still havent gotten our tickets on line from the travel group. So,I call the airline, and we ARE on the list. ok, so at least I know we are scheduled. SO the next am, we go get checked in, check our bags, get thru security and sit at the gate. they call the flight (this one was stopping in detroit, then to tanzania) we get in line, and when they have to scan your ticket, it buzzed. so, they had to call and figure out what went wrong. in the meantime, i pitched a big enough fit, they pulled our bags off. well. it turn out that the travel group decided that morning that they didn't have enough people, so they cancelled the trip. but we almost got to fly out... i would have been more pissed has i found this out in detroit, and had to make my way home
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008