Moms that drive Ford explorers or Ford SUV's.....

What car seat do you have that is rear facing? I have a Alpha-omega that I am unable to install rear facing in the back seat and now in need of a new car seat. Can anyone help?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 9:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I drive a Ford F-150 super crew (4-door) and I actually have 2 car seats that both work fine in it. One is a baby trend and the other is a graco. Why is your carseat not working in yours??
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My husband says the straps are not long enough for it to be rear facing?
    mommytobrooke

Comment by mommytobrooke (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have the Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I had the graco convertible carseat. It fit fine. I am with PP, why isn't yours fitting?
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Did the carseat say it was rear-facing? That is just odd. I liked my Graco, can't remember exactly what it was called but it worked great.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes it is a rear facing car seat...I used it with my daughter at the time in my Mazda 3. Now I need it for my son and I now have an explorer. I need it behind the passenger seat as my daughter is in a booster on the other side. I guess i need to check this out....
    mommytobrooke

Comment by mommytobrooke (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• do you mean for using the LATCH system? we used the seatbelts to pur our seats in when we had our explorer (ours did not have LATCH, it was older).
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I am not familiar with that car seat but the latches should be adjustable, it they don't reach still, you should be able to use the seat belts to strap it in and it should be just as safe.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2010