Cooking.. do you do it because you like to, or because you have to?

I only cook because I have to, before our money went sour we would eat out A LOT. I don't enjoy being in the kitchen any longer than I have to. My husband says it is a shame, b/c I can cook,.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I LOVE to cook, just don't like the cleaning part.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i terribly dislike cooking, it is probably my least favorite thing to do for sure. i dont bake either.
    Itsallgood

Answer by Itsallgood at 10:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• when u have a family u cook no ands ifs or buts about it be side i love doing it
    cuteandmoody

Answer by cuteandmoody at 10:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Most of the time, because i LIKE to. If you really don't like to cook....have you considered a crock pot? Very little effort goes into it, and the recipes now are a lot better than they used to be a thousand years ago.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I used to do it because I had to but now I do it because I like learning how to cook.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• have to
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• HATE IT!! So I only do it because I have to.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Because I have to . I hate it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I enjoy cooking. Today I made Shortbread cookie dough (will make cookies on Tuesday). Chicken Fajitas, Spaghetti sauce, Roasted Cauliflower soup and Homemade Molasses Bread. Tomorrow I'll assemble 2 lasagnas and taco meat. I am having 12 people in for the next week- Should be fun!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I love to cook! Last night I made stir fry, tonight was leftover night (blech), and tomorrow night I am making chicken pot pie. I used to do it because I had to and my cooking entailed opening a box, adding ground beef, and water. Now that I have learned to cook, I love trying out new recipes. I hate cleaning up too. Rule in my house is if I cook, my husband cleans. If he cooks, he cleans. Win Win.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010