Do on/off again relationships work???

I've been in a on again and off again relationship for 6-8 months now.One day were together the next day were split up.Do these relationships work?Has anyone done this?

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• SO and I have been on and off again for going on 5 yrs! It works for us. I think breaks make the relationship stay fresh

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No they don't because they show a lack of sticking power. for a relationship to work, you have to be able to work thru issues rather than to call it quits at the first sign of conflict.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No thats why they are on and OFF. If they worked they'd not flip between the two
    Anonymous

• There is nooo way i could personally make it work i think i would always be looking for stability
    3joysolife

Answer by 3joysolife at 10:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I can't imagine they'd be very satisfying....I would like a little more stability....but, to each his own.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I believe they mess with your emotions and your heart but sometimes we get weak and need that love and attention even for just a moment. We have to realize that we are worth more and have value as women. My ex fiance decided he needed a break and we have a son together and we lived together and now we are seperated. I feel hurt but I have to be strong. He calls me and wants to still have sex with me and also ask me a lot of questions about if i am dating anyone etc. That makes me feel that he still loves me but at the same time he may also want to use me for his needs so it really confuses me because Men just don't understand what they want or what they loose until it is to late. It makes me feel confused and I can't focus on more important things in my life. So the best advice I can give you is Give yourself Time for YOU. With time you realize what is it that YOU want not what they want. Best of luck =)
    rbest14

Answer by rbest14 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nope that is why they are considered on and off...they work for a short period of time then they don't...honestly I think they are personally a wait of complete time period!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• no, either you want to be together or you don't.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• if he is seeing someone else during the off time, then I would say this relationship will not work... (If you have been in other relationships during the off time, too!)
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 10:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No they don't. It just shows that your not paying attention to the problems that broke you up in the first place.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010