Suggestions on a new convertible car seat- rear facing?

My alpha omega doesn't fit in my ford explorer rear facing...need to go car seat shopping.. what do you have? Love it / hate it?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 10:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is what I have...in my Mazda Tribute. They are the same size as your ford. It is in the middle of the back seat.

I am getting ready to get a new one though since she is not 4 years but has outgrown the 40 lb 5pt harness limit. I am looking at the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 since the harness goes up to 65 lbs and then it transitions to a high back booster to 100 lbs. It is only rated as a front facing seat. I will be taking DD to walmart to put her in it tomorrow just to make sure that it fits her well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've got three children under the age of three, we have a Radian 65SL for each of them. It's super slim which was a must for us because we're fitting all three car seats in the backseat of our Cirrus. I Love it =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i have my ride 65. love it!! and so do they both my kids are rear facing ages 20 mts and 3 1/2 yrs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We just ordered a recaro brand convertible that is good up to 70 lbs. DH picked it because the company makes race car seats and is very safe.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i have the same thing for my 2 year old and my 4 year old has a graco nautilus we love them both....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• For my one year old son we have a Graco - Nautilus 3-in-1 Multi-Use Car Seat, Bravo. It's AWESOME! and for our three month old girl we have a Zoey Graco Snugride =D
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2010