Thinking about starting milk early!

my dd is 9 months old and i am exclusively pumping! i was thinking about starting milk early if my supply drops again! right now im doing fine but i have a very small frozen stash that i try to never use but my hubby is famous for wasting milk (grr) so i have the use frozen milk if he does that!! i refuse to use formula i have worked very hard for my supply and would rather die first! would it be ok to start milk around 10 or 11 months?its only a month or 2 early!  i am going to use almond milk when we switch!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Up to 1 year, babies need all of the nutrients that are in formula and breastmilk. Almond milk will not supply that. I wouldn't put them on regular milk until then.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would be careful since the child's stomach isn't used to it but almond milk would be a good start you can try a little if the baby takes fine to it and doesn't get sick go for it. With my first child i introduced it early but my second just wasn't ready
    3joysolife

Answer by 3joysolife at 10:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Not a good idea, especially almond milk.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• With mine I gave my dd milk at 11 months and I had gave her things that had milk in it at 6 months. With my boys I give them milk some of the time but with all I've them vit d milk
    3momamber

Answer by 3momamber at 11:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my dd self-weaned at 10 months. i refused to give her formula and her doctor told me it was okay to give her whole milk.
    i was nursing my twins and i got pregnant again and wasn't making enough milk. they were 9 months old. i was told by a different doctor than the first that it would be okay to start them on whole milk. no problems with either of my kids.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010