Make up question

So I've started wearing a smokey eye. I apply a white eyeshadow on my eye lide about half way and the under part of my eyebrow. I apply a smokey color on the outer part of my eyelid. Well my question is during the day it mixes with my lighter color of eye shadow and that drives me nuts. I want to say my eye shadow is Revlon or something that I got at walmart. What can I do to make it last all day or does anyone know of a good makeup I can get to fix my issues? it also does this with other colors I do in place of the black.

Magen85

Asked by Magen85 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My issue is that my eyeliner usually ends up making me look like a raccoon.

I bought eye primer by Urban Decay and it keeps the make up where I put it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Where can I buy Urban decay at?
    Magen85

Comment by Magen85 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sephora
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• That was answering your question about where to buy Urban Decay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Mary Kay has primer too, and with the Mary Kay shadows I never have that problem
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I use MAC primer and eyeshadows their eye shadows are super pigmented and last a long time.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• okay thank you ladies for the help. I will trying primer and maybe switching makeup also.
    Magen85

Comment by Magen85 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• So, what you're saying is that the darker color goes beyond the borders of the outer eyelid? If that is the case, then a primer should definitely help to keep colors where you placed them. I've heard great things about UD primer, but am still using up my Lancome primer, which is quite good (I think UD is cheaper, though). My issue is oily lids and if your's is the same, this should help to eliminate that. I've also been told not to underestimate blending.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Do a touch up during lunch just to feel fresh.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i agree with above reply
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010