What would you say to mil?

She asked my husband to take her clothes shopping.But my husband never told me and took me out clothes shopping instead. Then he had me call her late in the afternoon to go
out with her.She declined and I could hear her putting something in her oven and she said she was cooking! Then my husband asked to come over for coffee and she said no and then my husband convinced her and she showed up in her pajamas and barely talked. WTH? What would you say to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say anything. It was your husband that was in the wrong. Don't apologize for him...He needs to do that himself.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• What was he thinking? Sounds kinda passive-agressive to me! That was a slap in his mom's face-and it was wrong to put you in the middle of it! I would call her and ask her to go shopping with me tomorrow-and hubby would have some 'splainin' to do!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• What in the world is going on?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would have him talk to her cause you really had no clue thats a strange position to be in.
    3joysolife

Answer by 3joysolife at 10:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Do you really think things would have been different if she had asked you? Maybe he didn't want to hang out with his mom, he just wanted to be with you, so he waited until the last second possible to call her back (JUST TO BE NICE)...
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 10:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't understand your question? Are y'all close?
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 10:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yes. But she asked him not me. I had no idea......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Honestly I did my part. If she got offended so be it. She will get over it right?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• But don't you think she knows that her son did that? If she would of asked me not her son things would 've been different.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Maybe she is trying to get her son to "communicate" with her...It sounds kinda disrespectful on the part of your DH/her son. If he did not want to go then he should of declined from the get go. I think he is rude for accepting to take her then deliberately ignoring the fact he accepted. Tell him that he needs to talk to his mother and straighten it out because it is not your place to settle the issue between the two of him. Your job is to support your DH and your MIL without crossing the boundaries of their relationship.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010