• In the Spotlight:

Are you getting a flu shot this winter?

Why or why not?

DazzlednSeattle

Asked by DazzlednSeattle at 10:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Health

• No. It's never worked for me. I was forced to get so many immunizations including smallpox and anthrax when I was in the military that I won't voluntarily get a flu shot.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No. The years I get the flu shot I get really sick more often!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 10:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No, we are a vaccine free family. If you would like more information on why we've made this choice for our family feel free to send me a message privately, there's more to it than what would fit here.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No shots for us.
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 10:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes, but only because I had to. I'm a student nurse, and we were given the choice of getting the 2-in-1 flu shot or wearing a mask at all times in the hospital. It's for the protection of the patients, but no one wants to wear one of those masks all day; they're just too hot. Who knows, my immune system is probably down from all my stress anyway... maybe it's a blessing in disguise.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yes, i got the flu shot, i get the flu really bad every year, so in turn, everyone in my house gets sick, so this year my dr. recommended it and it was free so i got it. so far hubby has been sick twice, and im still not sick, yay.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My son and I have never gotten a flu shot. We just get sick and build up our immune system.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No. I get really sick every single time I get a flu shot. I don't work in a school or daycare, I am not around young children so forget that. Been there done that and so not worth it............
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i wont get it again last time i did i got the worst flu of my life and it took me a month to get over it!
    mrs.sugar

Answer by mrs.sugar at 10:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• no. just no.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010