How to get the pee smell out of a matress

I have been trying to get my daughter out of pull ups at night. Every night that she wears a pull up she wakes up completely dry and goes to the potty with no problem. Every time i have let her sleep in panties she has a accident. She now takes her pull up or panties off int he middle of the night with her cover on her bed and the smell is stuck.

3joysolife

Asked by 3joysolife at 10:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• add a waterproof mattress pad (too late in a way) and a nice soft mattress pad... use a urine odor remover, found at most pet stores and grocery stores in the pet isle...
    however i would suggest getting a new mattress and using a waterproof pad from day one... the mattress she has now is simply ruined.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Natures miracle

It is for pet urine. Get it at petsmart
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Frebreze works. Flip your mattress over, too!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If you want to try something w/o chemicals you can use 3 to 1 solution of vinegar and water and spray it with it. Then dab it up and spray again. Once it dries you can put baking soda on it. This should help.
    I also have a friend that used peroxide but I am not sure how she did it. I can double check and let you know what I find out.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• if you have a carpet shampooer you can use the hand tools on the mattress but also put like a towel or something underneath just in case.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 6:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We use BAC-OUT. It's a life enzyme cleaner with lime peel extract. No funky chemicals, but works really well. You may also want to get a mattress cover to protect it in the future.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'll second Fabreeze!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• why not put a zip around plastic cover?
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• put a plastic cover on her bed, and try urine gone.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010