Can I have my laptop on my belly? I am 6 weeks and am not sure if the heat will hurt the baby? i FEELS SO GOOD ON MY CRAMPS.

superchik

Asked by superchik at 6:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just try not to over heat urself and use a towel or pillow if it gets uncomfortable
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I don't think it will hurt the baby if your only 6 weeks.. but to be safe i wouldn't keep it on there for like hours at a time...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Get a heating pad.

I read that if you use a laptop on your legs, it cooks them from the inside out like a microwave does. I imagine it's doing the same to your belly if you rest it there.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yes you can. I loved having the laptop on my belly before i got too big. When the baby starts to move it will react to the warmth and try to kick it off. its sooo cute! The doc said there is absolutly no harm.
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 8:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yeah I'm 20 weeks and 4 days along and I set mine on my tunny all the time
    it's just the pressure sometimes gets too much
    and I used to sleep with a heating pad on my back [cuz it has auto-shut off]
    I was told it's dangerous if left for too long, but my back always hurts so bad
    and my baby's been fine since then
    FallenKitty

Answer by FallenKitty at 6:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2008