so my husband and I ate dinner tonite, i was eating my chicken when i noticed it chewed funny,

so i started inspecting my food, well the chicken wasnt fully cooked. Im breastfeeding will it make the baby sick if it makes me sick? bc im starting to have stomach cramps and feeling a lil like i could vomit, should i go to hospital?

adyssonsmommy

Asked by adyssonsmommy at 10:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you just ate it tonight the chance that it is already making you sick is slim. Chances are you are just over reacting. How much did you actually eat? And how pink was it?
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Salmonella is the most common contaminant in raw chicken. It is does NOT pass into breast milk. In fact breast mill can help keep a baby well who may have been exposed.

Salmonella takes just a. Few hours to make you sick. Usually 6 hours.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Food poisoning does not transfer to breastmilk. Baby will be fine. Hope you feel better soon.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• YES go to the hospital!! I wouldn't breastfeed. Especially until you see a doctor. GL I hope it goes away.. =(
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2010