If you got off facebook and told someone that it was due to family drama, what would you think

just family or a jealous hubby....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would think that what they said is why they didn't want to be on it any more. Maybe they didn't want to point out some one who was causing problems. Some people I know would rather delete their account than remove the "friends" causing problems. They must feel like it's nicer that way.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would probably just take it at face value and not think too much over it at all. But, if I did think about it, I would probably think (depending on the person and what I know of them), that either 1) they had relatives on there that were causing them problems (I had a friend this happened to), or that for some reason they were letting facebook interfere with their home life (either they were on it too much and it was causing problems, or they had been up to something on there / suspected of being up to something on there, and it was causing problems).

But, whatever it was, I would just figure - ok - facebook was causing them problems, so they're done with facebook - smart move. No internet site is worth having it cause problems in your home and family life.

kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well if it were someone I knew I would probably know which one it was. but usually it is because of a jealous hubby
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 10:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Agree with above...but...People get really stupid and post stuff without considering everyone who will see it. If you need to vent or rant about someone or something make it a message. Common sense sure goes a long way.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• FB causes a lot of drama. I've had my father's "ladyfriend" flame me over shit that was not true to make me look bad. Case in point, my uncle's wife and kids came to the area for the 4th of July and had a party. The invited everyone they could think of via FB, including my father. Before we went down to IN, we said we would stop by b/c we would be in the area for that party and also mentioned my dad was invited too. Then we went to the ladyfriend's house, saw my dad and asked if he wanted to come b/c he was invited. He said no because he didn't know anyone.

A few day's later, said ladyfriend was posting on the walls of my uncle's wife, my aunt, and a few others that were there (using my dad's acct) he was sorry he didn't make it but I didn't tell him he was invited. Of course, when we first got to the party we said we told my dad and asked if he could ride w/ us. She was trying to make me look bad and it backfired. DRAMA!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yeah, agreed, usually due to a jealous Husband.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh, I should add, I also have some friends and family that have decided that facebook was starting to take over too much of their time, and that's exactly what they posted. One said 'facebook is starting to take up too much of my time, so I will be closing my account at the end of the week. I can still be reached at my address, phone number, and email, for those of you who have those things."

The other said something along the lines of they cared about everyone on their friends list, but since they saw most of those people in other areas of their lives, and it was taking up too much time, so they were only going to be on facebook 1 or 2 times a week, and they weren't doing any more games, etc - so don't send requests, gifts, etc.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Jealous hubby!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2010