Is it true that muslim women do not have to submit to the scans or the patdowns based on their religious beliefs??

I've been trying to verify this... Does anyone know of an article or interview where this was said??

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 10:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't see that being true...maybe in a Muslim country... but NOT here!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't know, but if that's true....I have my own religion and I'm forbidden by God to show my body to anyone but my husband. *wink*
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's not that they don't have to...it's that CAIR has issued statements on how to get around it. here's their statement.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Loving... thats what I'm saying! I'm Christian, and it's just as much against my religion as it is against Islam. I also heard that if you are wearing a skirt, they will do the patdown anyway... *shiver*
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have no idea why that box was so big.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nope, not true
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• DHS Secretary Napolitano is considering it.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I swear.... if they allow muslim women to opt out... I will put on a hijab next time I need to fly. I would so do it....
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i am muslim. i was patted down in a florida airport.. and it was the most humilating experience. NO this is not true. but i do know that CAIR is working on getting exemption for muslim women based on religion. part of the reason we cover is not to show our bodies, having it touched violates that
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• when i was patted down... the woman who patted me down kneeded me like i was a piece of dough. she ran her fingers prickling through every inch of my body. i wanted to stomp her out. it's invasive and unnecessary. they did this after i went though a scanning machine. then she had the never to say oh don't worry with do it to those shieks (sp) too.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2010