so I was throwing up green stuff today and...

My 14 month old was throwing up last night and after i laid he down for bed i started feeling yucky too...woke up this morning and couldn't keep ANYTHING down. Threw up a good 9 to 10 times and called mom and had he get baby and I went to the ER.

They said it was just a virus.

I was vomiting green stuff....

could that really have been from a virus? to my knowledge that would be bile, right? what would cause that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Health

• Unless you were eating spinach or something else green, it's possibly bile. You should call your doctor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Could be from something that you ate. I would just wait a few days to see if you get better before going to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• idk why i posted anonymously but i worded that wrong...the ER doc knew that I was throwing up green stuff...i just thought of this later.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• bile is what you throw up when your body wants to vomit but you have nothing else in your stomach, bile is always in your stomach, it is what helps you digest food. it is totally normal to vomit small amounts of bile when you have a virus causing you to vomit.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• you could have flued back up from cold
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010