Im 23 weeks and my questions is kinda crazy...But myVagina lips sometimes gets swollen and then they will go back to normal...but when they are swollen they itch and hurt at the same time. Is this normal?? Im gonna talk to the doctor tomorrow but just wanted some feedback.

Kellixclark

Asked by Kellixclark at 11:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a yeast infection. I've heard you can get those while pregnant, good thing you are going to the doctor!
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 11:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well, i know it's normal to get really swollen down there, which can hurt. never had the itching though. jeez, when i was pregnant with twins i was so swollen i could hardly sit on the toilet and pee!
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Would a yeast infection go away though and come back without any treatment?? Its just like its so swollen and it will hurt. I wear a panty liner alot to catch the vaginal drainage us prego women get and i wonder if that has something to do with it as well??
    Kellixclark

Comment by Kellixclark (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Could be a yeast infection, could just be irritation. Are you sexually active? Do you use condoms? I used to get that way after using condoms, and it turned out that I'm allergic to latex. So that's one possibility. You can try hydrocortisone cream to help the itching, and once you stop itching, you're less likely to scratch, which will help you heal. Make sure you wash AND DRY thoroughly after you shower. Any extra moisture (which you have already thanks to all the discharge from being pregnant) can up your risk of irritation and/or infection. If you can, after a shower, lay one your bed with your legs spread eagle and read a magazine article or something while you let your labia dry, then put on yoir panties (and liner-which should be changed frequently) continue with your post shower routine.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2010