Smoking while pregnant

Has anyone tried to quit smoking while pregnant? What worked for you?

ChristianJMommy

Asked by ChristianJMommy at 11:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• cold turky
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i smoked a pack a day for over 10 yrs before getting pregnant. you know what worked for me? realizing i had a life growing inside of me that was relying on me to take care of myself and it. i never touched a cig again after i found out i was pregnant. did i crave them? sure. it's been over 4 years and i would still like one, but it would be selfish of me to smoke and damage my unborn baby's life.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• cold turkey - replace it with food for the first week or two which are the hardest (if you enjoy food alot) but if your prone to weight gain i wouldnt go to crazy with that, eat healthy foods after two weeks. then also replace it with exercising to feel good and relieve stress, and sugar free gum, candys, and lolli pops! also drinks, snapples, juice, etc. - you can do this!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I quit cold turkey. Yea, it was a little tough, but I gave myself no option. I knew that I was not going to allow myself to smoke while pregnant and that was that. I basically told my cravings that they could kiss my butt and shove it!

If you're having a hard time, talk to your doctor. There are things that can help you quit. Please make an effort for both yourself and your baby, and good luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I also quit cold turkey you just have to focus on whats more important, a bad habit or a baby who's solely depending on you to be healthy
    goldfish09

Answer by goldfish09 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I know its not good. But I just could not quit. I got aggitated, aggravated,mad,bitchy, rather than eating more I didn't eat, it got so bad that my doctor told me smoking wouldn't be as bad for my baby as the stress that not smoking was causing me. Do what you can, if you can't quit cut back...your baby wil be okay..mine is perfect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I got lucky I guess. My pregancy aversion was cigarettes. I smoked a bit before I got pregnant but once morning sickness hit the thought, smell, sight, etc. of them made me want to puke and I never got a craving for one after that. My friend on the other hand could not quit no matter what she tried. I think some women actually crave them more when pregnant...unfortunately. But I believe everyone should at least TRY..
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I never smoked in my life....I never took to smoking...gave birth to 3 healthy babies. My mother smoked when she was pregnant with me. I was born premature and suffered from asthma most of my life. Please quit for your baby.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2010